The days are getting a bit shorter here in Seattle and it definitely feels like fall. I can feel the darkness of winter approaching (hello gray skies and cold days, and yes I am currently wearing multiple layers!) and I have to admit I am not quite ready to let Summer go. My body and mind pretty much crave the sunshine and although I absolutely love living in Seattle, I have a bit of a hard time during the colder, gray, rainy months in this City. However, I have found two things that really help me get through the gloomier months until Spring. One is coffee (Happy National Coffee Day!) and the second is writing in a journal.
As a follow up to the 52 Lists Project released last year, the just-launched 52 Lists for Happiness by Moorea Seal is a guided journal and yearlong journey to discover your own personal joy, one list at a time. Moorea Seal is a huge inspiration to me and her support for empowerment of women of all ages and "Doing Good while Doing Great Campaign" (7 percent of all proceeds from Moorea Seal benefit nonprofits!). I just loved the 52 Lists Project, so when I had the opportunity to check out her newest book I jumped at the chance! I also knew it would be the perfect journal to accompany me this year with so many big changes ahead (more on that soon!).
The 52 Lists for Happiness journal includes 4 sections (Reflect, Acknowledge, Invest and Transform) with 52 writing prompts (one for every week of the year) for creating your own lists and discovering your own keys to unique happiness, joy and balance in your life; as well as challenges to help you take action in creating your own happiness.
I started 52 Lists for Happiness with List 1 (might as well start at the beginning!) while enjoying a cappuccino at one of my favorite coffee shops in West Seattle, Pearl's on Delridge. The outside of the building is purple and they have a velvet couch that is just perfect. They also have amazing crepes by the way, seriously so good. Anyways, I digress. I began at the beginning of the journal with List 1, which starts with having you list things that make you happy right now and I knew it was the perfect place to start, because seriously you all, I"m pretty dang happy right now!!!
Here are a few things I added to my list of what makes me happy right now:
1. My fiance Steve (yup, that's right, S and I got engaged!!!!!!!!!! After 6 1/2 years I am so excited to marry the love of my life! I'll be sharing more about our engagement story soon, I promise! Of course any wedding planning tips are always appreciated, feel free to leave them in the comments!)
2. Our 2 sweetest of fur baby kitty's Sonoma and Crouton. (We adopted Sonoma and Crouton about 2 years ago from a shelter when we moved to Seattle from Half Moon Bay, California)
3. Making our home beautiful. (I can't believe it's been a year since we moved to the West Seattle neighborhood from the Seattle Capitol Hill neighborhood! As much as I miss our C.H. loft some days, as well as our California coast-side apartment in Half Moon Bay, I am absolutely loving being a homeowner and making our sweet Seattle craftsman into a beautiful home!).
4. Spending time with friends and family (love you!).
5. Enjoying a bit of pampering (manis/pedis, blowouts, facials, massages, ahhhh . . .) and quiet time.
6. Cake and Champagne (perfect combo in my opinion!), or Tacos and a cold glass of Coke.
7. Travelling and exploring new places
8. Fashion, all the Fashion please! And the clothes, the bags, the shoes, the jewelry . . .
What would you include on your list of what makes you happy right now?
"You know what you deserve even more than a great job, a beautiful home, or the perfect family? You deserve so much happiness and joy!" - Moorea Seal, 52 Lists for Happiness
52 Lists for Happiness by Moorea Seal
Disclosure: a copy of 52 Lists for Happiness by Moorea Seal was provided for review. All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.